Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Less Than Two Weeks Til the Marathon!!

As many of you know, in less than 2 weeks I will be running the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach, Va. in memory of my two sisters. I have been training tirelessly to prepare myself for the racing, logging over 400 miles en route to reaching my goal. My second goal was to get 100 people involved. So far, 51 people have joined the fight against CF - will you join them? I'm not looking for much - a donation of $5 or $10 dollars to help battle this chronic lung disease. Considering the distance I am running, you would be making a very efficient dollar per step donation. But while it only takes 1 person to run the marathon, 100 people can help make progress in improving treatments for CF and eventually a cure. 

What Can You Do to Help:
1. Forward this blog link to friends and family who might be interested in joining the fight!

2. Write/email me a message as the marathon nears. I will be fighting some definite jitters! 

3. Make a donation. Donations can be made online (follow the link on my blog), via check (information about sending a check is found using links to donate) or if you happen to run into me, I would be more than happy to take the money off of you. (At this point in the fund-raising, you get a little shameless about asking for money. But this cause means a lot to me!) 

Thank you so much! Check back to the blog to see how the marathon goes! 

Sincerely, 
Liz Mullin


Be One in One Hundred! Give $10 to Fight Cystic Fibrosis as I Race Against CF at the Shamrock Marathon

http://www.raceagainstcf.blogspot.com/

No comments: